Organize your bathroom closet
I recently went into my bathroom closet to look for nail polish remover and was astounded by the chaotic mess that was behind my closet door. At that moment, I said to myself, “You need to organize your bathroom closet!” Life gets busy, and tasks pile up. It’s been one of those things in the back of my mind for quite some time, so finally getting around to doing it was a huge accomplishment. I’ve compiled a list of five things that you should throw away right now to get you started on your decluttering journey.
Get rid of these things in your bathroom closet now!
- Empty boxes- I know you’re thinking, “Seriously? Empty boxes?” But I’m appalled to tell you the number of empty boxes I found laying around, taking up valuable real estate.
- Half used bottles of skin care- You didn’t like the scent then, and you won’t like it now. Throw it away!
- Baby towels- Two years have passed since my kids were small enough to use those tiny towels, but for some reason, I was wasting a whole shelf of closet space on them. I boxed them up to give to a friend.
- Old makeup- Why am I saving lipstick from four years ago? I don’t know either…Yuck!
- Expired medicine- This was the catalyst for my cleaning marathon! As I was looking for my nail polish remover, I encountered three bottles of expired medicine, and in the garbage, they went!
I’m sure there are a ton more items you can think of or even may encounter in your cleaning journey. I hope this list inspires you to tackle that mess and stop closing the door on it!